Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Cats.

I understand that no blog in the world is complete without an entry relating to cats... or kittens. So I figure I'd best get it the hell out of the way so I can move on. For all those who picked up this site from the keyword "Kitten", here you are:



Yes, it is indeed a fake kitten.

Two questions spring to mind:

1) Is a kitten in any way neutral? If not, then what the fuck is it doing on this website?
2) Is a fake kitten more or less neutral than a real kitten?

1)
As regards question one, lets assume we are talking about 'neutral' on a scale of morality from 'good' to 'evil' (an assumption I make generally on this site unless I say otherwise - as to how said morality is defined, watch this space.)

a. Kittens are cute (allegedly); ergo they are good.
b. Kittens kill small creatures; ergo they are evil.

Does cuteness overcome killing? Who'd have thought a discussion of kittens could unveil such a deep and important philosophical question? I'll leave this one to the floor...

Let's just say, it's at least arguable that a kitten could equate to a state of neutrality, and that's why the fuck it's on this site.

2)
a. Fake kittens are cute (well this one's as cute as any real kitten isn't it?); ergo they are good.
b. Fake kittens do not kill small animals (unless they are accidently swallowed); ergo they are not evil.

It appears that Fake kittens may stray into the dangerous region of something 'good'. Dammit, why the hell did I put a FAKE kitten on my site? Where's the delete button?

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt McGrath said...

Heh, is that a trick question Oleg? A neutral amount of kittens, well, I'll discuss neutral numbers later, but possibly you mean the infinite 0? In which case your kittens do not exist and I can no more obtain them from your desktop than mine... However, on the off chance you do have a real picture, you can email it to me at ashsere@hotmail.co.uk , and I shall be truly grateful!

11:59 am  
Blogger morealyera said...

ha! nice kitten.

I would have to contend that *my* cats (formerly kittens) are inherently morally "good", because they live strictly indoors. As a result, they don't kill much of anything.

Okay, except spiders. And spiders are, arguably, evil. ;)

4:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home