Friday, August 05, 2005

Dashboard Confessional.

In the spirit of randomness I'd like to mention the greatest band of all time:


In my opinion (which is of course not neutral), they (he) surpass other bands on account of their (his) lyrical thoughtfulness. I also love bands that lace their male vocals with female echos.

Three quotes therefore:

"this is easy as lovers go, so don't complicate it by hesitating"

"Jamie, believe me, I won't let you down Cause you are the best lawyer in town"

"I've hidden a note,it's pressed between pages that you've marked to find your way back.
It says, 'Does he ever get the girl?'
But what if the pages stay pressed, the chapters unfinished, the storied too dull to unfold?
Does he ever get the girl?"

"I never said, 'Don't go!'
Don't go."

Okay, four! But the last two were both from "This Ruined Puzzle". Before that (upwards), "Jamie" and "As Lovers Go".

The one about the note is especially thought provoking I think. I once made a CD for a girl. I put this song on it. I mae a sleeve with a full track listing on it, then I made a cover to slide behind the sleeve. In between the cover and the sleeve I put a note saying "Does he ever get the girl?"

When I gave her the CD I spent the next few days in agonies wondering if she'd seen the note yet. Then I realised:

  1. It was stupidly well hidden. Who'd remove all the bits of paper from the case and find this thing?
  2. She probably didn't give a shit about my CD, and hadn't even listened to it.
  3. She probably didn't bother to listen to or think about the lyrics of the songs (she was a philistine, albeit a hot philistine...) and so the note would have meant nothing.
  4. If she did find the note at all and it did mean anything at all, then it probably meant I was a pyscho to stay the hell away from.

Still, it was at least pretty romantic of me don't you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

Always a very romantic thing to do, I think...and the cd lasts long after the affair is over..*cynically*

Minerva

6:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home